This blog is no longer being updated and has been replaced by my new blog at jonathanemmett.com/blog

Thursday 26 January 2017

HERE BE MONSTERS sails to the top of my "Most Borrowed Books" chart.

Yesterday I received last year's UK library loans figures for my books, courtesy of the Public Lending Right (PLR) organisation.

Here Be Monsters, illustrated by Poly Bernatene, has swapped places with The Princess and the Pig (also illustrated by Poly Bernatene) to become my most borrowed book. The tale of dastardly pirates and ravenous monsters was taken out of UK libraries over twenty-two thousand times last year.

There are three new entries in the remaining top five spots. The Silver Serpent Cup, illustrated by Ed Eaves, races in at number three, while The Clockwork Dragon, illustrated by Elys Dolan, and A Spot of Bother, illustrated by Vanessa Cabban take slots four and five.

The PLR figures show that my books were borrowed from UK libraries a total of 166,280 times last year.

Here are my top 5 most borrowed books.

PositionTitleNº of loansRelative Position
1Here Be Monsters
illustrated by Poly Bernatene
22,454
2The Princess and the Pig
illustrated by Poly Bernatene
18,730
3The Silver Serpent Cup
illustrated by Ed Eaves
15,312
4The Clockwork Dragon
illustrated by Elys Dolan
12,977
5A Spot of Bother
illustrated by Vanessa Cabban
9,508

A big THANK YOU to everyone that borrowed my books, the wonderful librarians that made them available and the PLR organisation for helping authors like me to earn a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment