This blog is no longer being updated and has been replaced by my new blog at jonathanemmett.com/blog

Saturday 4 January 2014

“MONSTERS - An Owner’s Guide” PRIZE COMPETITION

I’m always sad to see one of my books go out of print, but I was particularly sorry when MONSTERS - An Owner’s Guide, the picture book created by myself and illustrator Mark Oliver, went out of print a couple of years ago as the book had proved very popular on school visits and had quickly become one of my most borrowed books from UK libraries.

So I was delighted when publisher Macmillan told me that they were giving the book a second chance by publishing it as part of their Let’s Read mini-picture book series. Although written in rhyme, the book is set out like a user’s manual, so it’s well suited to Let’s Read’s smaller handbook-like format.
Some important Dos and Don’ts to remember when using your monster.

To celebrate the book coming back into print, I’m running a PRIZE COMPETITION! Shambles, the mechanical monster featured in the book is just one of a range produced by the Monstermatic Company. Here they all are.


The full range of Monstermatic Monsters (click image to enlarge).

To have a chance of winning a signed copy of the new edition, send me your own sketch of a new Monstermatic Monster – and don't forget to give it a name! The competition is open to all ages, so get your little monsters drawing too!

I’ll post all the entries on this blog and pick two winners, who’ll each receive a copy of the book. One copy will go to the creator of my favourite monster sketch and the other will be chosen at random. You can send me your monsters in the following ways:
  • Twitter: Tweet your monster picture to @ScribbleStreet including the hashtag #Monstermatic
  • Monstermatic Transfer: Draw your picture on a sheet of paper and then feed it into the mouth of any Monstermatic Monster while shouting my name repeatedly into the monster's ear / auditory orifice.*
The competition will close on Sunday 26th January 2014 and the winners will be announced shortly after.


Find out more about the book at my web site


find your local bookshopBuy this book at amazon UK

*Please note that I accept no liability should an entrant come to any harm as a result of attempting this.

No comments:

Post a Comment